Lithium Polymer battery uses a file alloy as the positive electrode, a polymer conductive material, polyacetylene, polyaniline or polyp-phenol as the negative electrode, and an organic solvent as the electrolyte. The specific energy of lithium polyaniline battery can reach 350W. H / kg, but the specific power is only 50-60W / kg, the operating temperature is -40-70 degrees, and life is about 330 times.
Compared to lithium-ion batteries, Lithium Polymer battery has the following characteristics:
1. Relatively, the problem of battery leakage is improved, but it is not entirely enhanced.
2. It can be made into a thin battery: with a capacity of 3.6V250mAh, its thickness can be as small as 0.5mm.
3. The battery can be designed in various shapes.
4. Can be made into a single high voltage: a battery with liquid electrolyte can only get a high voltage by connecting several batteries in series, and a polymer battery can be made into multiple layers in a single unit to achieve high voltage because it has no liquid.
5. The discharge capacity is theoretically 10% higher than a lithium-ion battery of the same size.
Lithium Polymer battery (Li-polymer, also known as polymer lithium-ion battery), has many advantages such as high specific energy, miniaturization, ultra-thinning, lightweight and high safety. Based on such advantages, lithium polymer batteries can be made into batteries of any shape and capacity to meet the needs of various products; and it uses aluminium-plastic packaging, and internal problems can be immediately expressed through the outer packaging, even if there are hidden dangers It will not explode, it will only swell. In polymer batteries, the electrolyte functions as a separator and electrolyte. On the one hand, it separates the positive and harmful materials like a separator, so that no self-discharge and short-circuit occur in the battery. Lithium ions are conducted between the electrodes. Polymer electrolytes not only have good electrical conductivity, but also possess the characteristics of lightweight, good elasticity, and original film formation that are unique to high-molecular materials. They also conform to the trend of lightweight, safety, high efficiency, and environmental protection of chemical power supplies.